HCMA has partnered with Timothy Ministry at First Baptist Church of Woodstock to provide martial art classes to homeschool students through this ministry.
Higher Calling Martial Arts is proud to be partnering with Timothy Ministry in Woodstock, Georgia. Timothy Ministry is a homeschool ministry based out of First Baptist Church of Woodstock. This ministry exists to provide homeschool parents with educational support by offering academic as well as enrichment classes for homeschooled students and their parents.
Timothy Ministry is where Mrs. Jackson began her ministry of teaching martial arts. Having homeshooled her own two children, Mrs. Jackson understands the challenges, as well as joy associated with homeschooling. Finding quality, challenging, and wholesome supplemental classes for children can be difficult, but Timothy Ministry offers these type of classes. Mrs. Jackson has the opportunity to bring Higher Calling Martial Arts to students may not otherwise have the opportunity to be involved with such an amazing martial art by teaching at Timothy Ministry
Currently eight classes are taught each Tuesday through the school year at Timothy Ministry. Classes are offered for children ranging from 1st grade through 12th grade.
Some of the benefits that students will receive by taking martial art classes at Timothy Ministry are:
- Increased self-discipline
- Increased obedience
- Increased leadership skills
- Increased ability to make and achieve goals
- Increased attention span and focus
- Increased performance in school
- Increased stress management
- Increased physical fitness and strength
- Increased achievement in extra curricular areas
- Students are also able to enhance their training by adding additional classes at Higher Calling Martial Arts. By doing this, students are generally able to test on a more regular basis which allows them to progress through the different belts as a quicker pace.
Discounts are available for Timothy Students as well as for their families. HCMA classes are primarily taught in Acworth, but also available one day per week in Woodstock. Adding additional days of training per week allows students to retain techniques better as well as progress through belts more quickly.